The reason you are seeing the “Not Secure” warning is because the web page or website you are visiting is not providing a secure connection. When your Chrome browser connects to a website it can either use the HTTP (insecure) or HTTPS (secure). Any page providing an HTTP connection will cause the “Not Secure” warning.
How do I fix this connection is not secure in Chrome?
How to Fix Website is Not Secure Error in Chrome
- 1 Make Sure Date and Time are Correct. Security certificates are used by our web browsers and computers to make sure a particular site is safe. …
- 2 Clear History and Cached Browsing Data. …
- 3 Try the Webpage Again.
How do I fix my connection is not secure?
How to Fix “Your Connection Is Not Private” Error?
- Reload the Page. …
- Don’t Use Public WiFi. …
- Clear Your Browsing Data. …
- Use Incognito Mode. …
- Check Your Computer’s Date and Time. …
- Check Your Antivirus or Internet Security Suite. …
- Temporarily Disable Your VPN. …
- Try Accessing the Website via Proxy.
Why your connection is not secure?
Browsers will return a “connection not secure” error when they can’t verify a website’s SSL certificate. SSL is a secure data-encryption method that keeps transmitted data private and safe. If a browser detects a problem with a site’s SSL certificate, it won’t load that site because it might be unsafe.
Why is my website showing not secure?
If your website is showing up as “not secure”, then it is missing an updated SSL Certificate. This is easily recognizable in your website URL as it will start with HTTP instead of HTTPS. … “Site security certificate is not trusted” (Android devices)
How do I secure a website in Google Chrome?
Change settings for a specific site
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Go to a website.
- To the left of the web address, click the icon you want: Lock. Info. Dangerous.
- Click Site settings.
- Change a permission setting.
How do I make my connection secure?
How Can I Secure My Internet Connection?
- Rename Routers and Networks.
- Use strong passwords.
- Keep everything updated.
- Turn on encryption.
- Use multiple firewalls.
- Turn off the WPS setting.
- Use a VPN.