How do I lock and except certain cells in Excel?
Press the Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl + A to select all the cells of the sheet. Right click and choose Format cells. Go to the Protection tab and uncheck Locked option and click Ok. Now select only the cells or columns, rows that you want to protect.
How do I lock cells in Excel without protecting the sheet?
Betreff: Lock cell without protecting worksheet
- Start Excel.
- Switch to the “Check” tab and select “Remove sheet protection”. …
- Select all cells by clicking in the top left corner of the table.
- In the “Start” tab, select “Format> Format cells> Protection” and uncheck “Locked”.
How do you lock and unlock specific cells with a checkbox in Excel?
Lock selected cells.
With the required cells selected, press Ctrl + 1 to open the Format Cells dialog (or right-click the selected cells and click Format Cells), switch to the Protection tab, and check the Locked checkbox.
How do I restrict access to certain sheets in Excel?
Please click to select the workbook which contains the worksheet you need to make it very hidden in the Workbook windows box. And in the Sheets box, click to select the certain sheet you will restrict access by others, then specify the VeryHidden option from the drop-down list. And finally close the dialog box.
How do I make a cell non editable in Excel?
1 Answer. To make a column non-editable: Select the whole worksheet, Right Click->Format Cells->Protection, uncheck the “Locked” check box. Select the column you want to protect, right Click->Format Cells->Protection, select the “Locked” check box.
How do you password protect a Excel file?
Protect an Excel file
- Select File > Info.
- Select the Protect Workbook box and choose Encrypt with Password.
- Enter a password in the Password box, and then select OK.
- Confirm the password in the Reenter Password box, and then select OK.
How do I lock an Excel spreadsheet from editing?
Protect a Worksheet from Editing
Click on the “Review” tab on the main Excel ribbon. Click “Protect Sheet.” Enter the password you would like to use to unlock the sheet in the future.
How do I hide and lock columns in Excel?
Hiding and Protecting Columns
- Select the column you want to protect.
- Choose Cells from the Format menu. …
- Make sure the Protection tab is displayed. …
- Make sure both the Locked and Hidden check boxes are selected. …
- Click OK to dismiss the dialog box.
- With the column still selected, choose Format | Column | Hide.
Can you lock a checkbox in Excel?
To prevent a user from moving, sizing, or deleting a control, right-click the selection, and then click Format Control. On the Protection tab, select the Locked check box.
How do you protect a worksheet but allow input?
Please do as follows.
- Select the cells you need to protect their formatting but only allow data entry, then press Ctrl + 1 keys simultaneously to open the Format Cells dialog box.
- In the Format Cells dialog box, uncheck the Locked box under the Protection tab, and then click the OK button.